Live at the Side Door
(2013, Ould Segosha BNCD007)
1. The Spanish Lady / Reel: The Sally Gardens (Traditional)
2. Tales of the Phantom Ship (Lennie Gallant)
3. Zuider Zee (Brendan Graham)
4. Paddy Lay Back / Jackson's Jig (Traditional)
5. Fishin' for Chicken (Hobo Jim Varsos/Jeff Crossan)
6. Oró Sé Do Bheatha Bhaile (Padraig Pearse/Traditional)
7. The Hills of Isle au Haut (Gordon Bok)
8. The Butcher of Killarney Street (Brendan Nolan/Traditional)
9. The West's Asleep (Thomas Davis)
10. Rolling Home (Traditional)
1. The Minstrel Boy (Thomas Moore)
2. Fall Down Billy (Billy O'Shea) (Traditional)
3. Whistle Tunes: Miss Monaghan's / The Green Mountain / Touch Me If You Dare (Traditional)
4. If I Had a Garden (Brendan Nolan)
5. Lanigan's Ball / The Side Door Jig (Traditional/Colin Farrell)
6. Danny Boy (Frederic Weatherly/Traditional)
7. Lovers and Friends (Bottle of Stout) (Sean Mone)
8. The South Wind (An Ghaoth Aneas) (Donal MacConmara/Traditional)
9. Trasna Na dTonnta (Over the Waves) / Westering Home (Traditional)
10. Southern Sunset (Brendan Nolan)
11. The Forty Shades of Green (Johnny Cash)
Recorded live on April 10th, 2013 at The Side Door, The Palladium, 235 5th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Florida.
Brendan Nolan: Vocals, Guitar, Bodhrán
Colin Farrell: Fiddles and Whistles
Sound Engineer: Josh Wykell
All tracks mixed and edited by Josh Wykell, St. Petersburg, Florida except track 4, Paddy Lay Back, mixed by Rob Heaney at Fast Forward Studios, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Mastered by Danny Ellis at Danny Ellis Studio, Fairview, North Carolina.
My sincere thanks to Paul Wilborn for making this an easy and enjoyable experience. I love playing the Side Door. It is a wonderful venue. Thanks also to Damon Dougherty for his help with the sound set-up, to Josh Wykell for his patience and expertise, to Danny Ellis for taking on the mastering and doing a great job, and to Nancy Jones and all the staff at the Palladium.
I met Colin Farrell in September of 2012 when we first played together. He's not just a great musician but a great person to work with as well. His accompaniments and solo tunes add so much to this recording.